Meet Mary Powell Young DeLille
I know homes. I know High Point.
I love homes, and the stories they tell. From older homes to new builds, they all hold a special place in people’s hearts - your house is home, it is where memories are made. And not only is your home a huge part of your life, it will likely be the most expensive purchase or sale you will ever have.
My goal is to ease the complicated process of buying or selling your home.
The confidence and history I have of High Point and the people who make it up give me an edge to help sell our city. Having a list of businesses to refer clients to and names of people to go to when you might have an issue, is imperative to getting a job done well. My knowledge of growth patterns in High Point and how housing markets have fluctuated over the past forty some years is invaluable. Your real estate agent needs to have knowledge of the past to plan for the future.
Associations & Certifications
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in North Carolina
- Graduate of Realtors Institute
- Member of:
- High Point Regional Association of Realtors
- Triad MLS
- North Carolina Association of Realtors
- National Association of Realtors
- High Point Convention & Visitor's Bureau Realtors Certification Program
I was born and raised in High Point…yes, I am "a local." Both my parents were from Lexington, NC and they moved to High Point in 1970 when my father opened his veterinary practice, Westchester Veterinary Clinic. I grew up in Emerywood on Edgedale Drive and was the middle child of the three "Young" girls. I attended Johnson Street Elementary, Griffin Middle School, and graduated from High Point Central. I left High Point for Charleston, SC where I attended the College of Charleston and graduated with a BA in Studio Art. Like most children from High Point, I vowed I would never return….but here I am!
After owning my own business as a freelance artist in Charleston, in 1995 I returned to High Point. Not having a “direction”, I was persuaded by my mother, Carol Young, to get my Real Estate license. I received my license from the Dan Mohr school of Real Estate in 1996 and began my career as a Realtor. Working with my mother gave me the advantage to learn from her years of experience and success in the business.
After seven years working in Real Estate, I put my career on hold to stay at home with my boys and family. As time passes and knowledge grows, so do children. With the boys older, I decided it was time to go back to work and in 2016 jumped with both feet back into Real Estate and yes, began working with my mother, again. It all comes full circle sometimes. During my time “off” I learned more about High Point by volunteering in multiple non-profits, being active in the public school system and participating in Leadership classes. I used my time to give back to the community I grew up in and to help make a change for the better so that my children, and yours, will want to return.
And as for the Real Estate aspect, I feel like I never left.
My volunteer roles include:
- Member of the City of High Point’s Historic Preservation Commission- present
- High Point Preservation Society Board Member- present
- Member of the High Point Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the High Point Country Club
- Member of Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church
- Junior League of High Point, Inc.- President 2014-2016; Member since 1996
- Junior League of High Point’s 2015 Showhouse Chair with Traditional Home Magazine
- Leadership: High Point- of the High Point Chamber of Commerce, Class of 2014
- Leadership: High Point Ambassador
- High Point Historical Society- President 2011-2012; Member since 2008
- Gertrude S. Carraway Award of Merit recipient-presented by North Carolina Preservation- 2010
- Northwood Elementary and Ferndale Middle School PTA Officer and Board Member positions since 2009-present
- Guilford Education Alliance's Education Leadership Academy- 2010
- Communities in Schools-Dancing with the High Point Stars- 2015
- Volunteered with: Communities In Schools, Boys and Girls Club, Out of the Garden, Wine & Design: Painting with Cancer Patients, Good Friends of High Point, Pink Ribbon Luncheon
Interested in Buying or Selling Your Home?
My priority is to give my clients the best real estate experience through an easy-to-navigate process from start to finish.